This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Generating function name.
- From: James E Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: Revital Eres <ERES at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Razya Ladelsky <RAZYA at il dot ibm dot com>,Mircea Namolaru <NAMOLARU at il dot ibm dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:26:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: Generating function name.
- References: <OF8F219FF8.8236767F-ONC2256EDE.0050EECA-C2256EDE.005607C2@il.ibm.com>
Revital Eres wrote:
I need to create a new function name for the
propose of function versioning in IPA phase.
I thought of using the function get_file_function_name_long ()
(cgraphunit.c) but I did not
see any use of it except from generating
names for constructors or destructors.
That is probably because we don't have any other case where we need to
create globally unique identifiers. If you look at previous gcc
releases, you can see that there have been other uses of this function
in the past.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com