This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Solaris installation notes
- From: "Eric Botcazou" <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: "Dave Korn" <dk at artimi dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>,"'Dimitri Papadopoulos-Orfanos'" <papadopo at shfj dot cea dot fr>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:32:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: Solaris installation notes
- References: <NUTMEG0eOtiFUye1gZ900000a7f@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
> No, it's never going to be a good interpretation in English, because the
> place where the additional recommendation is to be found is "here, in
> these instructions", and not "over there, in those instructions", so the
> word "where" is inappropriate.
Ok. Who wrote this pretty controversial sentence then? :-)
> "We therefore recommend to use the following sequence of commands to
> bootstrap and install GCC:
> % CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/ksh
> % export CONFIG_SHELL
> and then proceed as described in the build instructions, in addition to
> which you must specify an absolute path to invoke srcdir/configure,
I would stop here and add again the blurb about GNU make for 3.3.x:
and use GNU make."