This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: MD representation of IA64 floating point operations


> From wilson@specifixinc.com  Fri Jul 23 12:45:01 2004
> 
> Because it is gone, again.  This keeps popping up and disappearing, and
> I can never keep track of it.  I see in gcc-2.95.3 there is md_cppflags,
> but it disappeared sometime between then and now.  It was never really
> that great of an idea, as it used cpp to preprocess md files, and then
> you had all of the usual problems of trying to get something that isn't
> C source code through the C preprocessor.  Some kind of RTL macros would
> be better, or at least use something language neutral, like m4, but in
> any case, I think we should consider this a last resort.

Hm, what do you think about generating a .md file instead of processing
one?  I notice that in config/h8300, h8300.md has:  (include "mova.md"),
and mova.md is generated by a shell script, genmova.sh.  This avoids the
C preprocessor and avoids the modeless issues.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]