This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] ABI change for variable sized types
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 18 Jul 04 01:19:16 EDT
- Subject: Re: [RFC] ABI change for variable sized types
Which surely implies records that could be *defined* in C at all.
Which, if you ignore gcc extensions, does not include variable
The pragma name seems misguided to me. It should have been Pass_Like_C.
A number of people think more than just the *name* of these pragmas
are misguided ...
The history, though, is that this is trying to correct some Implementation
Advice in the current standard relating to passing or records that was very