Re: porting gcc for a VLIW architecture

thank for your replying .   According to your reply , I understand more
about it .
but I still have something confused with porting gcc.

how does the assembler code output?

It is controll by the gcc at the latest pass .  Do I need to define pattern
to capture all the possible RTL code ?
Do these patterns include standard name pattern and empty name pattern ?
Are expand patterns and split patterns  needed to define asm output ?

I am a newbin for gcc and compiler  but i have pressure to understand it
quickly.
I'm sorry to ask these simpler question .    any help will be appreciated .