Re: RFC: The unwind specification draft for GNU/Linux/ia64

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 14:05, H. J. Lu wrote:
> This proposal is the result of discussion between Mark, David and Intel
> compiler people.

That is a reasonable list.  What about ia64-hpux?  Is Mark representing
just the C++ ABI, or that and ia64-hpux?  If he isn't representing
ia64-hpux, then we need to get someone else to make sure this is OK for
ia64-hpux.

As currently set up, the ia64-hpux port always uses the system libunwind
library.  This is a different library than David's.

> Here is my unfinished patch for gcc. The stub, XXX, in libgcc just
> calls __libunwind_XXX in libunwind.

That is a pretty big complicated patch.  I haven't tried to figure out
what all it is doing.  It would be nice if you included an explanation
of what it is doing.  Also, we might need doc changes for some of this
stuff.  The IA-64 install docs mention --enable-libunwind-exceptions for
instance.