This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Converting GCC to compilation with C++


> Have you looked at the actual "hooks" in GCC source?

Yes

> I would suggest, for concreteness, that you show us exactly
> where the hooks replaced by virtual functions would make
> things worse.  The reason I'm suggesting this is that, I'm
> under the impression that you're lecture theories after
> theories without actual _look_ and/or understanding of
> the "hooks" as currently done in GCC source.

Given that it looks extremely unlikely that this discussion
will amount to anything, that seems a waste of time to me.
I would rather think that someone who thinks that a great
improvement can be made by recoding in C++ should take
time demonstrating this with an example. Surely this is
better done by someone who thinks this replacement is a good
idea?


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]