Re: Bootstrap failure on darwin 7.4.0 due to memory exhaution

    Right, I have this (somewhat tricky) merge almost ready, and will
    commit it soon to help moving forward, although there's no way to really
    test these changes given the current state of things.

Note that I have a very small number of changes not included in that
merge.  I hope to commit these later today.