Re: export CC=g++ ; make configure ; make

> Yes, but when included in project where __cplusplus is defined
> should we not expect the "right" declarations?  I take it obvious
> that the header are appropriately decorated with extern "C" calling
> convention specification.

There's two different goals here:

1. Making libiberty headers support C++ so that you can build *other*
   projects with a C++ compiler.

2. Building libiberty itself with a C++ compiler.

There have been recent patches to address #1, but mec was talking
about #2.