This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Failure to bootstrap for trunk on i686-pc-linux-gnu
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:52:31 -0400
- Subject: Re: Failure to bootstrap for trunk on i686-pc-linux-gnu
- References: <10407121442.AA11354@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 10:42:42AM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Maybe you should post it so that I can give it a try and verify that
> it does, in fact, fix this problem? Other people are having a hard
> time reproducing the failure; I'd like to not assume that an unseen
> and unreviewed patch will make it all better.
> I thought it was quite well understood that the issue was incomplete
> comparisons in operand_equal_p, but perhaps indeed it is another issue.
This fixes a three-stage bootstrap, and some gcc FAILs have been solved
in the meantime, but libstdc++ results are still bad. But at least
it builds, for the first time in three days.
Note the jump between the 5th and the 6th.
<zwol> bodge bodge bodge bodge.
<zwol> HULK SMASH.
<zwol> HULK HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN.