This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Failure to bootstrap for trunk on i686-pc-linux-gnu
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu
- Cc: gcc-regression at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 04 10:23:40 EDT
- Subject: Re: Failure to bootstrap for trunk on i686-pc-linux-gnu
Again this is just Kenner's big patch coming into play. See PR 16237.
The problem is that memory layout causes slight differences to make
his patch fo something slightly differently.
I have a fold-const.c patch that tightens the comparison and eliminates
this problem. I've been holding it because I was hoping for something
better, but it did pass testing a while ago, so maybe I'll commit it soon
and then figure out a little bit down the road (once I've got everything
working) what the actual best approach is.