This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Regarding the gerneation of .da file
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: ravi <ravi dot nanjundappa at ap dot sony dot com>
- Cc: gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:42:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: Regarding the gerneation of .da file
- Organization: Codesourcery LLC
- References: <1089620855.6487.10.camel@ravin>
I wanted to know how the .da file will be generated ?
Please explain this with an example saying how the .bb , .bbg and .da
files are generated and how they store the information and how the gcov
tool uses all these information to create .c.gcov file .
these files are obsolete, gcc 3.4 and later use a redesigned format
which is documented in its header file (gcov-io.h).
And I also wanted to know is there any other way to create .da file for
the kernel related files ?
libgcov contains the relevant io routines, and it plugs into libc. I'm
sure it could be reworked to plug into someother low level io library.
Please give us the steps related to this .
I want these things in detail with an example .
Please do reply to this mail .
Please mail the gcc list. That will archive the mail, so someone else
can use the information too.
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
email@example.com :: http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk