Re: darwin.c identifier-smashing

Mike Stump wrote:

On Friday, July 9, 2004, at 03:20 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:

There's some quadratic behavior in darwin.c that needs fixing.

Yes. Some of it was fixed on the compile server branch a long time ago. I'd recommend just pulling from there. Most of the stupidity of the code can just go away, there isn't a good reason for it. People were just confused.

The short answer is, once you cons up a custom name, you can use bits (see DARWIN_STUB_OR_NON_LAZY_STUB_NEEDED) on that name to store information, once you do that, searching is long longer necessary, get_identifier does the searching if you will.

Good, that's what I was expecting.

You can call me and hit me up for more specific info and elaborations, 1 510 583 1180.

Thanks for your patch and your offer of additional assistance. Much appreciated!

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC