Re: Changing the number of regs

>Using CONDITIONAL_REGISTER_USAGE to disable regs is a good approach.
>You can even add options to control which registers get disabled.  When
>you disable a register, you need to set both fixed_regs and
>call_used_regs.  See the examples in the i386.h
>CONDITIONAL_REGISTER_USAGE macro.  If you didn't set call_used_regs,
>this might explain why you had a problem.

Yes I did exactly that. The problem that I had was that some of the webs
were
assigned the register dx (which I had disabled). I was using the new
allocator
(new-ra). Later on I found out that the stackwebs were assigned an unusable
color,
in this case 'dx'. I have written an unclean hack to detect this scenario.
web->type
doesnt cover stackwebs.

Thanks for the pointer anyway.

Rahul.