This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Bootstrap Comparison Weirdness


On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 13:19:14 -0700, Jim Wilson <wilson@specifixinc.com> wrote:
> Ranjit Mathew wrote:
> >     I've noticed this quite a few times but only sometimes
> > can I reproduce this cleanly. What happens is:
> > 1. Bootstrap from clean sources in a clean folder.
> > 2. Change something in a front-end (say Java).
> > 3. Rebootstrap. Everything goes through fine.
> > 4. Rebootstrap without changing anything, but now I get
> > bootstrap comparison failures for files touched in #2.
> 
> This is trivial to reproduce, and it isn't hard to see why.  What I did
> was a C only bootstrap, and then I added "int phony = 100;" to the end
> of dwarf2out.c.
[...]
> I'd suggest filing a bugzilla bug report if you haven't already.

Thanks for the nice analysis Jim. I hadn't filed a PR, because
I'm supposed to do "make bubblestrap" anyways and this could
have been marked "not a bug".

The bug report is:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=16399

I've taken the liberty of quoting you verbatim.

Thanks,
Ranjit.
-- 
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.      Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]