This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: bootstrap of 3.4.1 RC1 failed on powerpc-ibm-aix22.214.171.124
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:13:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: bootstrap of 3.4.1 RC1 failed on powerpc-ibm-aix126.96.36.199
- References: <20040628181402.A28005@synopsys.com> <Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM> <200406291858.i5TIw7a28500@makai.watson.ibm.com> <20040629174648.A11102@synopsys.com> <40E33B3A.email@example.com> <20040630153246.A3014@synopsys.com> <20040630204204.GW5191@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200407010257.i612vJa33876@makai.watson.ibm.com>
On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 10:57:18PM -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:
> >>>>> Jakub Jelinek writes:
> Jakub> Or you can override TARGET_USE_LOCAL_THUNK_ALIAS_P definition for
> Jakub> AIX with the assembler which doesn't handle forward references.
> I would have been tempted to say that GCC 3.4 does not work on AIX
> 4.3, and remove that configuration option.
> If the above macro will work around the problem, I am happy to
> have it added to gcc/config/rs6000/aix43.h. I no longer have access to
> AIX 4.3 systems, so someone else will need to test if the macro fixes the
I am willing and able to test a patch, if someone will code one up.