This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: UPDATE: Does not exist error during libjava compile in gcc
- From: Terry L Moore <tmoore at redwood dot rsc dot raytheon dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 07:24:43 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: UPDATE: Does not exist error during libjava compile in gcc
- Reply-to: Terry L Moore <tmoore at redwood dot rsc dot raytheon dot com>
My apologies to this list. I had upgraded my version of make when I installed
gcc on my own machine. I completely forgot about that when I went to do another
host. Quite embarassing!
I built and installed GNU make 3.80 on the target host. I then ran that
copy of make with a -d argument and the bootstrap target. I let it run
overnight and when I come in this morning, it has finished successfully.
I want to thank you all for the effort and time you spent in my behalf and
hope you'll forgive my folly.
------------- Begin Forwarded Message -------------
To: Terry L Moore <email@example.com>
Subject: Re: UPDATE: grep problem
From: Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 29 Jun 2004 14:07:13 -0600
Terry> # /h/opt/gnu/bin/make -v
Terry> GNU Make version 3.76.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Ok, that's quite old. Can you look in the manual and see if this
version has the `call' built-in function?
Note that the gcc install instructions require GNU make 3.79.1 or
------------- End Forwarded Message -------------