Re: UPDATE: Does not exist error during libjava compile in gcc

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 08:11:42PM +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Phil Edwards <phil@codesourcery.com> writes:
>
> > Enh.  Here's my guess.
> >
> > If there's a quoting problem somewhere, the shell could end up seeing
> > the # too early, treating the rest of the line as a comment.  You'd be
>
> # only starts a comment when it is the first character of a word.

In theory.  In practice, shells have buggy parsers.  :-)

> > GNU Make has some extended debugging switches, similar to "set -x" for
> > the Bourne shell.  Being a GNU program, the switches are deliberately not
> > documented in the man page, nor are they listed in --help output.
>
> You mean this?

Yes, exactly that.  The Info pages are the only place this is written down,
which I find to be a major disservice.  (Just my opinion.  I'd be less
annoyed if it weren't done deliberately.)