This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
RE: UPDATE: grep problem
- From: "Dave Korn" <dk at artimi dot com>
- To: "'Eric Botcazou'" <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:22:07 +0100
- Subject: RE: UPDATE: grep problem
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Eric Botcazou
> Sent: 29 June 2004 16:13
> > You're using ksh; maybe it has unexpected semantics
> relating to command
> > line metachars and quoting. Do you have SH=ksh defined in your
> > environment? You could try setting it to sh or bash and see
> if that makes
> > it work.
> No, ksh is the recommended shell to build GCC on Solaris.
Thanks for the information Eric; that lends support to my theory that it
isn't actually the grep going wrong after all, but something else on the
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....