Re: GCC 3.4.1 RC1 available

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 01:22:20 +0200
"Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo@libero.it> wrote:

> Please file it directly within Bugzilla (http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla), thanks.
> Notice that it might be a little too late to fix this kind of bugs: when a
> prerelease is out, the codebase is mostly freezed. For the future, I suggest
> you to file a bug report as soon as you find out about the bug, assuming that
> you can provide at least a testcase (even if you don't have time to minimize
> it, we can do that for you).

The test case started out as 1300 lines across 3 files. Its still 3 files
and still over 700 lines of code. Its also EXTREMELY elusive. In working
down from 1300 lines to 700 lines I have lost it a number of times and
had to backtrack to pick it up again. Its a real Hiesenbug.

As soon as I can pare it down some more I'll file it with bugzilla.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
I have found that good programmers either do not make the kind
of mistakes that Ada can prevent, or insert enough checks that
they catch those mistakes about as efficiently as an Ada
environment can. At that point, the use of Ada gives no further
productivity advantage.