Re: turning off range simplification

On Friday, June 25, 2004, at 07:25 AM, Conway, Christopher L (Christopher)** CTR ** wrote:
Would the maintainers accept a patch to add a flag suppressing the constant folding optimizations? Would turning them off at -O (by choice, I mean, not by default) break other optimization passes?

In the past it would break compilation if this were added and used. Parts of the compiler assumed that you could do math and build, and then have a CONST_INT. I'd expect this is still true today.