Re: [RFC] type safe trees

    Exactly.  Kenner is makeing this issue as if there were a proposal
    to write GCC usinf full C++.  Thre is no such proposal.
    There is a useful subset of C++ that is close to C, yet powerful
    enough to free us reinventing wrong wheels all the time.

Right, but a lot of us (hardly just me) are concerned that once we take
the above first step, it will be inevitable that we will continue
taking steps in that direction.