This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Using C++ in gcc (was Re: [RFC] type safe trees)
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:10:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: Using C++ in gcc (was Re: [RFC] type safe trees)
- Organization: CodeSourcery
- References: <10406251800.AA11747@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Friday 25 June 2004 19:00, Richard Kenner wrote:
> (2) Writing gcc in C++ is a better idea than writing it in an
> invented language of our own that gets turned into C by
> specially written tools.
> Sure. But I haven't seen a proposal to write any significant chunk of
> code in that language, just a data structure description.