Re: IMA corner case with forward declarations of statics

On Jun 24, 2004, at 9:28 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
On Jun 24, 2004, at 9:22 PM, Dale Johannesen wrote:
It is not "just for the sake of it", it is so that C programs which have worked for
the last 10 years or so will continue to work, only faster.

I agree that a warning is a good idea, and I'm willing to believe an error would
be better in C++.

But C (the ISO standard) defines functions as having compatible types otherwise
it is undefined so having it an error by default and be able to turn it to warning is
okay in my book (something like -permissive in C++).

I could live with that, although I think most C users would prefer the default
to be reversed.