Re: IMA corner case with forward declarations of statics

Richard Henderson wrote:
On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 11:45:22AM -0700, Dale Johannesen wrote:

Disallowing it is sure to break existing code.)

NOT disallowing it absolutely does generate incorrect code on MIPS.

One has to use different sets of relocations for external and local
symbols.  If you use the wrong set, you get the wrong answer.  We've
closed PRs as invalid for this in the past; diagnosing the situation
before we get that far would be an improvement.

So can't we just do the right thing and to do so require unit-at-a-time for IMA? Or is IMA not really whole-program-at-a-time in that case?

Richard.