Re: V3 patch causes EH failures in ILP32 mode

David Carlton wrote:

Maybe one first step would be to only warn about a nonexistent copy
constructor if the class has both a raw pointer member _and_ a
destructor. (Or (raw pointer && (destructor || assignment)),
perhaps.) And similarly for assignment.

That sounds like a pretty good idea to me. Reducing false positives is, in my mind, very important for these kinds of warnings.

> It should at least reduce
the false positive rate, and I would imagine (knowing nothing at all
about the relevant bits of GCC) that it would be easier to implement
than heuristics involving looking at the actual definitions of various
member functions.

Yes, the full data flow stuff is definitely hard. It could probably be done on tree-ssa, but I am opposed to issuing warnings from the back end. The product I discussed above was a special-purpose analysis tool.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC