Re: Proposed location for variable sizes etc in ARRAY_REF and COMPONENT_REF

Steven Bosscher wrote:

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 04:30, Richard Kenner wrote:

I view having two tree nodes as a last resort.  Another option is to make a
hash table for the nodes and store the data there.  But I was looking for
something more direct and saw the annotation field that's currently unused
in those node types.

Why do you dislike new tree codes so much when basically everyone
is saying you should do so?

To me the obvious disadvantage of two tree nodes is that lots of places have to remember to process both. And on the other hand I see no quantifiable advantage in having two tree nodes.