Re: Proposed targets to obsolete for 3.5, first pass

Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com> writes:

> Both Ultrix and BSD4.x are straight a.out ports.  I'd like the a.out
> support to remain since the cost to keep it about zero.

Actually, a.out (along with other object formats that don't support
named sections) is responsible for a lot of fragile and frequently-
broken code including some in the language front ends (e.g. static
ctor handling).  I would not describe the cost as zero.

zw