Re: target hooks for structure layout

> These sound plausible, but could you be more specific about how they
> interact?  I am confused by your example - it sounds like, if you
> defined the first hook, nothing would ever call the second or
> third...

The hook for the first one would call the default first handler, then
tweak the structure after it returns.  Hence the requirement for being
able to chain to the default handlers.

Or, it would call the second hook itself as needed, since it doesn't
need to duplicate all that code (the second hook) but duplicating the
first hook is pretty small.  It depends on whether it can tweak the
structure after finish_layout or not, I think finish_layout does too
much to make it feasible to tweak afterwards.