This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Posts regarding deleting the VAX form of GCC from the next series
- From: Christoph Hellwig <hch at infradead dot org>
- To: Gregg C Levine <chewbaccathewookie at worldnet dot att dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:34:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: Posts regarding deleting the VAX form of GCC from the next series
- References: <000b01c457ce$b42639a0$6401a8c0@who5>
On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 04:31:15PM -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> Hello from Gregg C Levine
> I am upset that the people who maintain the GCC compiler collection want to
> kill the VAX port.
> This in my mind is a Bad Thing. There is indeed a free simulator for it,
> SIMH/vax. There are plenty of active machines out there, including those
> that run NetBSD/vax. We should not delete this port from the GCC series, and
> we should ressurrect the entire VAX series of ports going back to at least
> GCC 3.2.3.
> Yes ELF support is on its way, no timeline for it, that I know of, but I
> think it might even be there.
So you're volunteering to maintain the port?