This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How to debug ssa optimizer
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: rth at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:01:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: How to debug ssa optimizer
- References: <10406202100.AA22574@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Richard Kenner) writes:
> Ah yes, the "Fold *&B to B" case? Sure, I'd be happy with a check
> added there that we don't return the wrong type.
> Yup. But then if it falls through, verify_stmt will fail since the
> operand isn't valid. So, as I said, there are still some holes here.
Maybe the canonical form for "char *foo, bar; foo = bar;"
<modify_expr <var_decl foo> <nop_expr type <char *> <var_decl bar>>
instead of using addr_expr?