This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How to debug ssa optimizer
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 13:56:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: How to debug ssa optimizer
- References: <10406201713.AA21323@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 01:13:31PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> (1) If maybe_fold_stmt_indirect fails all cases (which I think is at least
> theoretically possible), it'll make invalid GIMPLE. That seems wrong.
Ah yes, the "Fold *&B to B" case? Sure, I'd be happy with a check
added there that we don't return the wrong type.
> (2) Why are there separate fold routines in tree-ssa-ccp.c? Wouldn't it
> be better to add all these cases into fold and then call it? Or is the
> issue that the cases in fold don't ensure things stay GIMPLE?
That was certainly the initial reason. And while we've done some
work on fold since then, there's still enough that's at odds with
gimple that I don't think we can merge just yet.