This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How to debug ssa optimizer
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>, pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:49:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: How to debug ssa optimizer
- References: <10406200307.AA17921@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 09:16:19PM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> I think the C front end is treating ADDR_EXPR as having a built-in
> NOP_EXPR, so it can get the language-semantic expected type,
> <pointer_type char *>, without inserting another node in the AST.
This is buried pretty deeply. When implementing check_pointer_types_r,
I gave up and allowed it. Ideally we'd generate &array instead.