Re: How to debug ssa optimizer

On Jun 19, 2004, at 9:45 PM, Richard Kenner wrote:

If I have an RTL dump and I want to understand how an insn was changed
from one pass to another, I can look at the INSN_UID in the dump and
set conditional breakpoints for that insn.

If I see a statement change between two *.txx dumps, what is the
analogous mechanism for making a conditional breakpoint to look at
that statement?

If it's not a new statement being added, and just an existing statement being modified, you can conditional breakpoint modify_stmt with that statement address.
That will catch every time it gets marked as modified.

--Dan