This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How to debug ssa optimizer
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 21:51:35 -0400
- Subject: Re: How to debug ssa optimizer
- References: <10406200145.AA17580@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Jun 19, 2004, at 9:45 PM, Richard Kenner wrote:
If I have an RTL dump and I want to understand how an insn was changed
from one pass to another, I can look at the INSN_UID in the dump and
set conditional breakpoints for that insn.
If I see a statement change between two *.txx dumps, what is the
analogous mechanism for making a conditional breakpoint to look at
If it's not a new statement being added, and just an existing statement
being modified, you can conditional breakpoint modify_stmt with that
That will catch every time it gets marked as modified.