This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Use-and-clobber insns and some ancient combine.c code
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: joern dot rennecke at superh dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Jun 04 14:22:49 EDT
- Subject: Re: Use-and-clobber insns and some ancient combine.c code
If (reg X) is not a fixed register, the pattern usually can be written
using a match_operand and a sufficiently restrictive constraint.
So in this case, we can either use a pseudo, or make combine
verify that there is a constraint which has no earlyclobber modifier.
You mean verify there is no constraint with a earlyclobber marker.
Yes, that's safe.