This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Why does casting a function generate a run-time abort?
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: zlaski at apple dot com (Ziemowit Laski), ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr (EricBotcazou), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org (gcc List)
- Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 01:11:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: Why does casting a function generate a run-time abort?
- References: <200406180802.i5I82SV28765@tin.geop.uc.edu>
Andrew Pinski <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> Lemme ask you why Objective-C message dispatch needs this. It's
>> impossible to get "right" on IA64 and a few others.
> It is only needed with the NeXT^wApple runtime :) so ...
> The GNU runtime does not produce these casts at all and is safe.
Well, ok, but that doesn't answer my question.