This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lno] need help with setting may-aliases in the vectorizer
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Dorit Naishlos <DORIT at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:48:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: [lno] need help with setting may-aliases in the vectorizer
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <OF936B8D1D.8FF530B8-ONC2256EB5.0045ED3B-C2256EB5.0052A1CA@il.ibm.com>
On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 11:02, Dorit Naishlos wrote:
> 3) marking all the may-aliases of 'sa' for renaming
Don't you mean, may-aliases of 'tag'?
> 4) pointing vect_ptr to the relevant address (which in this case is the
> pointer 'sa').
> 5) creating a data reference using vect_ptr (*vect_p[idx]), and giving it
> an ssa_name.
Are you marking the statements you rewrite as modified (modify_stmt)?
Set a breakpoint in get_stmt_operands for statement #3 and see why it
doesn't get any V_MAY_DEFs when the call to bar() isn't present.