This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SSA operand interface change proposal
- From: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- To: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>,Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>,Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:38:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: SSA operand interface change proposal
- References: <1087320259.14876.187.camel@p4>
> As best I can tell, the 'ivuse' structure used thorughout
> tree-ssa-loop-ivopts.c contains a pointer to a tree which can be either
> a use, a def, or an expression of some sort. If we proceed with an
> interface like this (which I think we ought to), this hunk of code will
> need to be reworked. I dont want to make this unbearably difficult
> however. I guess the ivuse structure could have all three pointers
> (use_operand_p, def_operand_p, and tree *) , and a flag indicating which
> field it uses, but maybe there is a better solution.
in fact what *op_p refers to is determined by the enum use_type type
field. So you can just make it an union and updating the code to
reflect this should be trivial.