This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question on scalar replacement
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: dnovillo at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 14 Jun 04 11:11:07 EDT
- Subject: Re: Question on scalar replacement
The C gimplifier always creates a scalar LHS:
a.f = foo ()
is gimplified into
temp = foo ()
a.f = temp
Note that if a.f is not a scalar, this is a transformation that can
cause a large copy.