This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] MIPS division by zero and libgcj...
- From: Ralf Baechle <ralf at linux-mips dot org>
- To: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- Cc: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, linux-mips at linux-mips dot org, java at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:27:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] MIPS division by zero and libgcj...
- References: <40C8B29B.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 08:31:47PM +0100, Andrew Haley wrote:
> I thought that the MIPS never generated a hardware trap for division,
> but instead there was an assembler macro that did the test for
> overflow, and the "div" instruction actually generates this test
> inline. Maybe do a disassembly to check.
Linux/MIPS's behaviour is consistent with all MIPS UNIX flavours I know
of both those following the SysV ABI and others such as Ultrix.