This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SSA usage question
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 7 Jun 04 12:59:44 EDT
- Subject: Re: SSA usage question
> Then I propose that we allow VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR in a nested tree of
> references if it doesn't change TYPE_MODE. It will be treated as a NOP,
> just there for type-correctness purposes.
TYPE_MODE shouldn't matter. Let me think about this one.
I think it does matter because if you are doing a "real" view conversion
(say a scalar to a record), you *probably* want to make a temporary of the
VIEW_CONVERSION. But maybe not. I'd need to think about that too.
I suggested same mode just to be safer: I'm sure that's safe, but I'm
not sure it's safe to include it if the mode changes and we don't do
that now. I was trying to be conservative here.