Re: Criteria for GCC 4.0

Joe Buck wrote:
But "an esoteric frontend to GCC" is not something that the bulk of users
are crying out for either.  SuSE funded a lot of work on improving gcc for
x86-64, which is something that a lot of users I know are quite happy
about.

Of course, SuSE also expected to sell copies of the x86_64 distribution... again, nothing wrong with that, just a fact. Even when someone like me uses a different x86_64 distro, SuSE gains, since I recommend their distro for some of my customers.

--
Scott Robert Ladd