This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop unrolling bug still present
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: micis at gmx dot de
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:03:25 +0200
- Subject: Re: Loop unrolling bug still present
- References: <email@example.com>
> It was stated that in the second prerelease of GCC-3.3.4 from 30 May 2004
> the -funroll-loop miscompilation has been fixed.
One particular miscompilation (POOMA) with -funroll-loops on x86.
> That is true for the default option set.
> However, if you use the options
> -O2 -funroll-loops --param max-unrolled-insns=xxx
> execution of memcpy-1.c will still fail for all xxx > 192
> (I only tested PowerPC target)
We should bar anyone from using non-default options ;-)
Please file a PR with bugzilla for this problem.