This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFH] changing linkfile name depending on a flag passed
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 00:15:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFH] changing linkfile name depending on a flag passed
- References: <84910A87-AEBD-11D8-ACD4-000393A6D2F2@physics.uc.edu>
Andrew Pinski wrote:
To support libobjc on Darwin I need able change -lobjc to
-lobjc-gnu if -fgnu-runtime is supplied. I know that gcc.c
needs to be changed but I do not know where to change -lobjc
to be -lobjc-gnu, I tried LINK_SPECS but that did not work at
LINK_SPECS can be overriden by the target, and it is overriden by many.
See for instance config/darwin.h.
You might have to create a new SPEC for this purpose, and then modify
LINK_COMMAND_SPEC to use it. And then modify targets that override
LINK_COMMAND_SPEC to include it also, but fortunately there are only two
of those, darwin and i386/djgpp.h.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com