Re: [Make failure with GCC-3.3.X and GCC-3.4.0 on Solaris 8 ] : gmake: *** [all-libiberty] Error 2

> Since one week, I'm getting a make failure with the following versions
> of gcc : 3.3.2, 3.3.3, 3.4.0 on Solaris 8. ( On solaris 2.6 and redhat
> 8.0, all these builds are OK )

I think it would be interesting to know what has changed between a week ago
and now on your machine.  Did you check the integrity of the sources?

> My way to proceed :
>
> % > ../configure --prefix=/opt/swe/tools/ext/gnu/gcc-3.3.2
> --exec-prefix=/opt/swe/tools/ext/gnu/gcc-3.3.2/sparc-solaris2.8
> --disable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-languages=c,c++,java
>
> The configure seems OK instead that :
>
> checking for iconv declaration...
>           extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, const char * *inbuf, size_t
> *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
> checking whether getenv is declared... no
> checking whether atol is declared... no
> checking whether sbrk is declared... no
> checking whether abort is declared... no
> checking whether atof is declared... no
> checking whether getcwd is declared... no
> checking whether getwd is declared... no
> checking whether strsignal is declared... no
> checking whether putc_unlocked is declared... no
> checking whether fputs_unlocked is declared... no
> checking whether fwrite_unlocked is declared... no
> checking whether fprintf_unlocked is declared... no
> checking whether strstr is declared... no
> checking whether errno is declared... no
> checking whether vasprintf is declared... no
> checking whether malloc is declared... no
> checking whether realloc is declared... no
> checking whether calloc is declared... no
> checking whether free is declared... no
> checking whether basename is declared... no
> checking whether getopt is declared... no
> checking whether clock is declared... no
> checking whether getrlimit is declared... no
> checking whether setrlimit is declared... no
> checking whether getrusage is declared... no
> checking whether times is declared... no
> checking for struct tms... no
> checking for clock_t... no
>

> On Solaris 2.6 and on linux, all this checkings are 'yes'
> Any ideas ?

Is your bootstrap compiler fully functional?

--
Eric Botcazou