Re: Casts, types, pointers, and ADDR_EXPR

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Andrew Pinski wrote:

> I am trying to figure out why these two functions act
> differently on the tree level as there is an extra cast
> in h1 which I think is extraneous.

There are lots of places in the C front end that look at whether the decl
is const separately from the type
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-06/msg00498.html> - though they
*shouldn't* make any difference to the trees generated, it wouldn't
surprise me if some do and it seems like the sort of thing that might
cause this problem.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm@polyomino.org.uk