This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Casts, types, pointers, and ADDR_EXPR
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm at polyomino dot org dot uk>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: GCC List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 08:32:18 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Casts, types, pointers, and ADDR_EXPR
- References: <4A784743-AF81-11D8-ACD4-000393A6D2F2@physics.uc.edu>
On Wed, 26 May 2004, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> I am trying to figure out why these two functions act
> differently on the tree level as there is an extra cast
> in h1 which I think is extraneous.
There are lots of places in the C front end that look at whether the decl
is const separately from the type
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-06/msg00498.html> - though they
*shouldn't* make any difference to the trees generated, it wouldn't
surprise me if some do and it seems like the sort of thing that might
cause this problem.
Joseph S. Myers