This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Installation Problems..
- From: llewelly at xmission dot com
- To: ARUN Sundararaman <arun at ele dot uri dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 20 May 2004 22:30:45 -0600
- Subject: Re: Installation Problems..
- References: <email@example.com>
ARUN Sundararaman <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I have a MacOS X.2. I need to install a C/C++ environment/compiler for working
> in my project work.
> What is the detailed procedure fo doing so.? Please do lemme know step by step.
First, see the apple developer web pages. I think here:
http://developer.apple.com/tools/xcode/ and scroll down to where it
talks about project builder 2.1 and you can get a compiler, an
apple derivative of gcc 3.1, as a compilied binary.
Once you have a compiler, then you can follow the instructions at
gcc.gnu.org/install to obtain FSF gcc, configure it, and build it
from source. (note - you won't ordinarily need both apple gcc and