Re: Installation Problems..

ARUN Sundararaman <arun@ele.uri.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a MacOS X.2. I need to install a C/C++ environment/compiler for working
> in my project work.
> What is the detailed procedure fo doing so.? Please do lemme know step by step.

First, see the apple developer web pages. I think here:
http://developer.apple.com/tools/xcode/ and scroll down to where it
    talks about project builder 2.1 and you can get a compiler, an
    apple derivative of gcc 3.1, as a compilied binary.

Once you have a compiler, then you can follow the instructions at
    gcc.gnu.org/install to obtain FSF gcc, configure it, and build it
    from source. (note - you won't ordinarily need both apple gcc and
    FSF gcc.)