This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
powerpc testsuite regressions (was Re: Bootstrap miscomparison onmainline with checking disabled)
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>, Devang Patel <dpatel at apple dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>, Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 09:15:26 -0400
- Subject: powerpc testsuite regressions (was Re: Bootstrap miscomparison onmainline with checking disabled)
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <200405191635.i4JGZ3ZV029052@speedy.slc.redhat.com>
On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 12:35, email@example.com wrote:
> In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Diego Novillo wri
> >On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 12:08, email@example.com wrote:
> >> It is the phiopt changes. I've got a handle on it.
> >> jeff
> >Thanks. I wonder if they may be also related to the number of
> >regressions we got on ppc. The --enable-checking bootstrap on
> >powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu worked fine, but we are getting these
> >I don't think these regressions are due to the phiopt changes, though.
> >Most of the new failures are link errors for symbols not found. Like
> It's possible if the stage1 compiler mis-compiled the stage2 compiler in
> a fun an interesting way.
We are still having these regressions on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu.
They happen at -O0 and only on ppc, so I doubt they're related to the
phiopt changes. The errors are all similar, we are not emitting some
functions that the linker is looking for.
These may be related to cgraph changes. Zack, could you check these
out? Your changes to cgraph.c are the only thing I can think of that
may be causing these errors.
Executing on host: /mnt/build/dnovillo/sbox/gcc/bld.cure81/gcc/xgcc -B/mnt/build/dnovillo/sbox/gcc/bld.cure81/gcc/ /home/cygnus/dnovillo/perf/sbox/gcc/local.ppc/src/gcc/testsuite/gcc.c-torture/execute/20001130-1.c -w -O0 -lm -o /home/cygnus/dnovillo/perf/sbox/gcc/local.ppc/bld.cure81/gcc/testsuite/20001130-1.x0 (timeout = 300)
/tmp/ccSbclDE.o(.text+0x38): In function `foo':
: undefined reference to `bar'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
compiler exited with status 1