Re: tree-ssa/lno compute_may_aliases failure

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 17:29, Dorit Naishlos wrote:

> Is there a known reason why compute_may_aliases shouldn't be applied where
> I applied it? should I have called an additional pass before it?

None.  In theory, you should be able to run alias anywhere.  However,
IIRC PTA cannot be applied once we are in SSA form.  That's why you see
it sequenced before pass_build_ssa (Dan, has that changed?).

You seem to have run into a bug in pass_may_alias.  It almost looks like
we are not marking some variable for renaming.  Could you file a PR with
your patch and test case and assign it to me?  I'm currently busy with
something else and I don't want to forget about this one.

Thanks.  Diego.