This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: types of new builtins
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich at novell dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 16:02:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: types of new builtins
- References: <email@example.com>
Jan Beulich wrote:
Why do the (new) bit-op builtins have prototypes with signed parameters
instead of unsigned ones?
Because no one else noticed the mistake before.
Interestingly, all these bit operation functions are documented to take
unsigned arguments (on Other-Builtins.html).
Also, the libgcc2.c versions of these functions have unsigned arguments.
Clearly, they were intended to be functions that take unsigned
arguments. The builtins.def file should be fixed. Submit a patch, or
file a bug report into bugzilla.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com